Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Why I am doing this

I am writing this because I have to. I think I will like it, but life scatters a person so much that after a while we can lose our ability to think deeply on things. I don’t suppose to put out deep thoughts, but I do know I must think and deeper than I do now. In particular, I need to think about how people follow Christ in Community. I am not the first thinker on this topic, so maybe I should describe this as “expressed listening.” I will be expressing what others, and most important, what God has to say about following Christ in community.

I cannot do this expressive listening by myself—for then I will be violating my intention of thinking about following Christ in community. I hope these thoughts become a conversation. Please add, subtract and edit and make this thinking an actual practice of following Christ in community.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this idea! Culturally I think we're at a point where we think we can do anything we want alone. Jesus didn't teach that. So what's a Small Group Pastor to do? How's the church turn this around? I think we answer that and we'll revolutionize faith in our church communities.